The Chapter Final Credit Union Quiz took place on Sunday, 5th March at Glencarn Hotel, Castleblaney. There was tremendous excitement as John, Taidhg, Aoibhinn and Ryan lifted the trophy for the Under-13 category.
St Peter’s supporters watched the scoreboard with eagle-eyes and with two rounds to go, the team was in third place and just two points behind the leading team. For the final two rounds the scores were not updated, adding to the tension among all in the hall.
St Peter’s NS were announced as joint winners with Scoil Bhríde, Carrickmacross and a tie-break of three questions resulted in a further draw.
Tie Break 1
- What American research institute was set up in 1958 in Washington?
- How old is Messi?
- If there is a Friday 13th in a given year what day of the week is 1st January?
The second tie-break was equally difficult but John, Aoibhinn, Taidhg and Ryan displayed great teamwork and determination and victory was theirs in the end.
Tie Break 2
- What was the name of the sporting tournament set up by Prince Harry in 2014 in the Netherlands for injured and wounded soldiers?
- In which decade did we see the Commodore 64 computer on our shelves?
- What year was Roald Dahl born?
As you can see the questions were tough!
They will now proceed to the All-Ireland Credit Union Final which takes place on Sunday 2nd April at RDS Dublin.
Many congratulations to St Peter’s NS Credit Union Chapter Champions. Keep up the good work. Ádh mór ar Taidhg, John, Aoibhinn and Ryan.
We would like to acknowledge the generosity of Ardee Credit Union for their kind donation to cover travel expenses today.
A few photographs of today’s event here.