As a school team, we celebrate the uniqueness of each child in our care. While St. Peter’s N.S. is a school with a Catholic ethos, it also has due recognition for all other religions.
Our aims as educators are:
• To enable each child to live a full life as a child and to reach his/her full potential
• To enable each child to develop socially through living, co-operating and working with others and so to enrich our community and society in general.
• To prepare each child for further education and lifelong learning
• Promote Inclusivity and Equality. St. Peter’s is an inclusive school that meets the 9 grounds as listed in the Equal Status Act 2000. Discrimination, as stated in the Act, is prohibited on the following grounds: Gender, Marital status, Family status, Sexual orientation, Religion, Age, Disability, Race, Traveller community .
• Will strive to promote, both individually and collectively, the professional and personal development of teachers through staff development programmes.
• Will encourage the involvement of parents through home/school contacts.
• Will promote gender equity amongst the teachers and pupils.
• Déanfaimid iarracht Gaeilge a labhairt.
• Endorse the vision, aims and principles outlined in the document: “ Primary School Curriculum – Introduction” (1999 – ps.14-19)