Official Launch of Outdoor Classroom May 30 2012
The ceremony opened with a symbolic procession highlighting the historical significance of the school grounds. The procession featured children dressed in school attire from 100 years ago coming from the Old Old School, pupils in attire from 50 years ago coming from the Old School and some pupils dressed in present day uniform coming from the “New” school. They were led by past pupils who had attended the Old School in the 1930’s and 1940’s and others who have made and make huge contributions to our local community.
School Principal, Pat Mulligan, welcomed the invited guests and thanked them for their contributions to the school and wider community in Dromiskin. St. Peter’s hopes to continue building relationships and collaborating with local organisations and individuals thus fostering a sense of partnership and cooperation going forward
The Outdoor Classroom was blessed by Fr Mc Enroe and Fr Pentony and opened officially by Chairperson Louth County Council, Oliver Tully. Traditional music and dance was provided by Noreen Mc Manus, her young fiddlers and Irish dancers from local dance school Cosceoil. A special commemorative poem, composed by Deputy Principal, Pat Hamilton, was read to the appreciative gathering. Louth County Council Chairperson, Mr Tully, was presented with a framed copy of the poem by Mr Hamilton